VESALIUS – HOSPITAL & CLINICAL INFORMATION SYSTEM
The real challenge of delivering optimal care without escalating resource utilization is becoming increasingly critical to hospital administrators. The demand of real-time financial/operational data and its relationship to the successful treatment outcomes is vital to healthcare institutions. This trend has changed the way hospitals evaluate their systems.
As a result, the traditional function of Hospital Information System (HIS) as a primary administrative tool as we know it, is no longer sufficient to meet these challenges.
VESALIUS is intended primarily to support the complete workflow of a hospital – from the moment the patient walks into the healthcare facility and registers, up to the billing & discharge stages. Most importantly, we have designed VESALIUS to promptly provide all the relevant and accurate information at every point of service to ensure a pleasant experience for the patients.
As a product, VESALIUS–HIS drastically reduces turnkey development risks and open-ended timelines. Key modules include:
- Patient Administration – management of both inpatient and outpatient base information such as demographics, billing profile, preferred doctor, etc
- Admission, Discharge & Transfer (ADT) – tracking of inpatient movements within a hospital and bed management
- Rostering & Appointments – Resource and appointment management
- Pharmacy – Provides for the ordering, prescribing & dispensing of drugs. Supports drug-to-drug interaction or integration with standard drug database
- Billing and 3rd Party Payers Management – consolidated billing and management of 3rd party payers
- Counter Collection – supports cashier’s function which includes multi-mode payments, multi-currency, outstanding AR alerts, receipt printing and refunds
- Inventory – Includes item master set-up, stock requests and transfer, replenishment control, supplier information, unit of measurement conversions
- Medical Records Tracking System – Management of physical medical records movements within hospital
- Laboratory Information System (LIS) – Provides for order entry, processing and results reporting. Can be integrated with lab equipment via 3rd party software
- Radiology Information System (RIS) – Provides for the order entry, processing and results reporting. Can be integrated with PACS
- Operating Theatre Management – Maintains the scheduling and administrative needs of operating theatres
- Billing and 3rd party Payers Management – Consolidated billing and management of 3rd party payers
- Counter Collection – Supports cashier’s function which includes multi-mode payments, multi-currency, outstanding AR alerts, receipt printing, refunds, etc
- Patient Homecare – Customer Relationship Management to strengthen hospital-patient relationship
At the heart of VESALIUS-CMS is the Doctor’s Homepage that serves as the central dashboard to clinicians. The Homepage makes life easier for doctors by organizing their worklist into a structured and logical manner – graphically and onto a single screen where he can drill-down for further details:
- Active Patient Listing – inpatient and outpatient
- Results reported/pending from lab and reports from imaging department
- To-Do List
- Discharge Planning
All these options allow further drill-down to the patients Electronic Medical Record (EMR).
VESALIUS-CMS operates across all clinical, ancillary services and non-clinical to capture and unify a single cumulative patient record. With well-structured UI layout, physicians can easily access real-time clinical information to help make treatment more objective and personalized to individual needs.
From a single dashboard, the doctor can also navigate to administrative tasks such as discharge summary, medical reports and referrals are simplified with auto-extraction of data into standard templates.
By choosing VESALIUS, a hospital is ensured a system that can be integrated with their overall information systems strategy. As a system commonly integrated with back-end and ancillary systems, VESALIUS provides secure interfaces to both internal and external systems via standard and non-standard data interchange formats for seamless integration.
As an organizational member of Health Level Seven (HL7) Incorporated since ‘98, we support HL7 and other industry standards including XML protocol.
novaHEALTH’s research & development team strives continuously to make VESALIUS a solution of choice for hospitals. It is this single-minded emphasis that has created these key distinctions:
- Web-based – The use of web-based technology allows us to deploy cost-efficient systems centrally, via an Intranet or an Internet (ASP) type of scenario across geographically disparate institutions
- Modular – Software components can be implemented as a complete end-to-end solution or on a modular basis, depending on your needs
- Scalable – Able to expand and serve the needs of a growing customer
- Application mobility – Access of patient medical records at the point of care through wireless handheld devices
- Convergence of technology – Integrated data, telephony, email & fax to allow knowledge sharing, patient support and convenient case discussion
- Customer relationship management – An inherent strategy in our solution to help healthcare providers to create patient stickiness and loyalty
- Security – Access to VESALIUS is strictly controlled with user authentication, limiting access to only appropriate applications
novaHEALTH embraces the “open systems” philosophy, as it offers our clients vendor independence. This simply means that the hospital can select the software and hardware platforms best suited to their business requirements.