13 Jan 05 – The Integrated Case Management System for the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports (MCYS), Singapore was successfully launched today.
ICMS was first conceptualized in 2001, and was intended to enhance case management, and facilitate information sharing and effective follow-up. It also supports management reporting and performs analysis for policy formulation.
The vision was to integrate existing systems for a comprehensive information management system for family and child welfare, protection and rehabilitation.
Nova, a pioneer in IT systems for Case Management through its flagship product PAVO™, was contracted to implement MCYS’s vision. ICMS is now the first case management system in the region to integrate child protection & juvenile justice work.
In brief, ICMS can be categorized into:
- Effective Case Management
- – Comprehensive Client Information
- – Online Referrals
- – Matching of Volunteers
- – Assigning Clients to Activities/Programmes
- Information Easily Accessible
- – Information Sharing Between Departments
- – Archive & Retrieve Documents
- – ICMS on PDA, Access Data during Fieldwork
- Timely & Comprehensive Data
- – Manage Workspace: Monitor Trends for Research & Planning
- Ensuring Service Standards
- – Task Notification for Case workers
- Connecting with partners for integrated rehabilitation and detection of Child Abuse Cases,
- Paperless, no need to maintain hardcopy case folders, save storage space
ICMS is a noteworthy milestone in the use of technology for social services.
Comments are closed.