VESALIUS – HIS™ (Hospital Information System)
As a result, the traditional function of Hospital Information System (HIS) as a primary administrative tool as we know it, is no longer sufficient to meet these challenges.
Developed by a team of professionals with in-depth domain knowledge and excellent track record, VESALIUS – HIS™ is the solution that will address these challenges. The system also serves as the platform to deliver our complete suite of e-solutions to the industry, extending beyond administrative needs.
VESALIUS – HIS™ is intended primarily to support the complete workflow of a hospital – from the moment the patient walks into the healthcare facility and registers, up to the billing & discharge stages. Most importantly, we have designed VESALIUS to promptly provide all the relevant and accurate information at every point of service to ensure a pleasant experience for the patients.
As a product, VESALIUS – HIS™ drastically reduces turnkey development risks and open-ended timelines. Key modules include:
- Patient Administration – Management of both inpatient and outpatient base information such as demographics, billing profile, preferred doctor, etc
- Admission, Discharge & Transfer (ADT) – Tracking of inpatient movement within a hospital and bed management
- Rostering & Appointments – Resource and appointment management
- Pharmacy – Provides for the ordering, prescribing & dispensing of drugs. Supports drug-to-drug interaction or integration with standard drug database
By choosing VESALIUS, a hospital is ensured a system that can be integrated with their overall information systems strategy. As a system commonly integrated with back-end and ancillary systems, VESALIUS provides secure interfaces to both internal and external systems via standard and non-standard data interchange formats for seamless integration.
As an organizational member of Health Level Seven (HL7) Incorporated since ‘98, we support HL7 and other industry standards including XML protocol.
novaHEALTH’s research & development team strives continuously to make VESALIUS a solution of choice for hospitals. It is this single-minded emphasis that has created these key distinctions:
- Web-based – The use of web-based technology allows us to deploy cost-efficient systems centrally, via an Intranet or an Internet (ASP) type of scenario across geographically disparate institutions
- Modular – Software components can be implemented as a complete end-to-end solution or on a modular basis, depending on your needs
- Scalable – Able to expand and serve the needs of a growing customer
- Application mobility – Access of patient medical records at the point of care through wireless handheld devices
- Convergence of technology – Integrated data, telephony, email & fax to allow knowledge sharing, patient support and convenient case discussion
- Customer relationship management – An inherent strategy in our solution to help healthcare providers to create patient stickiness and loyalty
- Security – Access to VESALIUS is strictly controlled with user authentication, limiting access to only appropriate applications
novaHEALTH embraces the “open systems” philosophy, as it offers our clients vendor independence. This simply means that the hospital can select the software and hardware platforms best suited to their business requirements.
- Inventory – Includes item master set-up, stock requests and transfer, replenishment control, supplier information, unit of measurement conversions
- Medical Records Tracking System – Management of physical medical records movements within hospital
- Laboratory Information System (LIS) – Provides for order entry, processing and results reporting. Can be integrated with lab equipment via 3rd party software
- Radiology Information System (RIS) – Provides for the order entry, processing and results reporting. Can be integrated with PACS
- Operating Theatre Management – Maintains the scheduling and administrative needs of operating theatres
- Billing and 3rd party Payers Management – Consolidated billing and management of 3rd party payers
- Counter Collection – Supports cashier’s function which includes multi-mode payments, multi-currency, outstanding AR alerts, receipt printing, refunds, etc
- Patient Homecare – Customer Relationship Management to strengthen hospital-patient relationship